It’s hard to believe it’s that time again, June is right around the corner and we need to think about livestock entries for the Bottineau County Fair. We will be having our show on Saturday, June 18 and Sunday June 19, starting with the pigs, lambs, goats at 8:00 am and the beef will follow. .
Bottineau County Fair Junior Livestock Show
Friday, June 16 and Saturday, June 17
We will be having our Junior Livestock show on Friday, June 16 and Saturday, June 17, starting with the pigs, lambs, goats and the beef will follow. Friday start time will be noon, and Saturday will start at 9:00 am. We will have two judges so that the show can run as smooth as possible, and different judges for each day.
We ask that all animals be on the fairgrounds no earlier than 6:00 pm on Thursday, June 15, Weigh-ins will be Thursday 6:00–10:00 pm. Hotel rooms are available at Super 8, the Cobblestone Inn, or the Turtle Mt. Inn, plus camping at the city park.
Our entry fees this year are: $30 per day for beef or $50 for both days; and $20 per day for small animals or $30 for both days. We will not be judging bulls, boars, or billies. We also do not have classes in the show for cow/calf pairs.
Please have your registration to me by June 14 so our fair staff can set up pens. If you do not register ahead of time, registration fees will be DOUBLE. Please send in your entries, and I will collect your fees when you arrive in Bottineau.
Call/email Jennie with questions or concerns at 263-1016 or email@example.com
Junior Livestock Rules
- All animals must be shown by their junior owner unless a junior has more than one animal in the ring at a time, in that case a substitute junior is allowed to exhibit the animal.
- All juniors must be 21 years old or younger as of January 1, 2017.
- We ask that no butt fans be used in our facilities so that we may maintain a safe environment for spectators.
- A t-shirt will be provided to all juniors and we ask that you wear them while in the show ring.
- We ask that all bedding be pulled away from the outside walls at least 5 feet so that we can have a quick clean-up.
All entries can pick up their premiums in the form of cash, one hour following the show. No money will be mailed out. Please make every effort to get your entries mailed ASAP so that we can organize our barns to accommodate everyone as neatly as possible.
We look forward to seeing those of you who’ve been in Bottineau in the past and hope that we will have new faces as well.
Mail entries to: Jennie Lodoen 1421 104 St NE Westhope, ND 58793
1421 104th St NW Westhope, ND 58793